The Pirates of the Dark Rose are coming!
The Camden Riverhouse Hotel is sponsoring the Pirates of the Dark Rose for a two day fun filled family event during the Camden Windjammer Festival September 2 & 3. Come to Camden Harbor Park and learn to walk like a pirate, talk like a pirate, and fight like a pirate. Puppet shows and battles, two days of fun for all kids, large or small.
Visit the pirate encampment at Harbor Park. There is a puppet show at 11:00 a.m. Saturday and children’s blade practice afterwards. Watch out because the pirates will try to recruit you into the Hellion Brigade. Cannon Lessons at 1:30 p.m., duels at 2:15 p.m. and a weapons demonstration at 3:00 p.m. Saturday. On Sunday there are displays and games at the encampment and a Puppet Show at 11:00 a.m. Learn small arms, how not to walk the plank. Get a balloon cutlass made for you. The big fight is at 1:00 p.m., with the Hellion Brigade taking on a band of pirates from the Dark Rose. There is a Pirate Finale at 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Saturday, September 2, 2017 – Harbor Park
- 10:00 -11:00 a.m. – Come meet and visit with the Pirates at their encampment.
- 11:00 -11:30 a.m. – The Dark Rose Puppet Show
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Recruiting Pirates, children blade practice, and join the Hellion Brigade. The pirates of the Dark Rose prepare their own crew, made from the children who attend. They are trained with swords (foam of course) and show them how to become one of the crew of the Hellion Brigade.
- 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. – Cannon Lessons with Captain Carver at the Pirate Encampment
- 2:15 – 4:00 p.m. – Pirates of the Dark Rose Duels and Weapon Demo
Sunday, September 3, 2017 – Harbor Park
All Day – Learn about small arms and their history. Enjoy cannon weapons demonstrations, children’s games, the Pirate Lexicon, history, superstition and stories and take in the sights and sounds of the Pirate Encampment.
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Come on to Tortuga – displays, games, and fun!
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. – The Dark Rose Puppet Show – Pirate encampment
- 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. – The Big Fight – on the Town Wharf – best viewed from the town landing. The Pirate ship invades Camden Harbor, while defenders attempt to repel and defeat the the fearsome Pirates.
- 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. – Learn how not to walk the plank, make a pirate map, have a balloon cutlass made for you. Can you walk like a pirate? Talk like a pirate? Fight like a pirate? Come learn everything about pirates.