Destination Wedding. Where the Mountains Meet the Sea.
Hotel Blocks Available at the Camden Riverhouse Hotel
Items to help you plan the big event.
Destination Wedding Location – Camden Maine
Did you recently get engaged? Congratulations. This is a very exciting time in a person’s life. Telling friends and celebrating with champagne is the beginning of your journey. The actual planning part can be overwhelming. You will need to start with simple questions like where and when. If Camden Maine is on your list of destination wedding spots, then we are here to help. We have gathered a plethora of information about hosting a wedding in Camden Maine or in MidCoast Maine. The Camden Riverhouse Properties are ideally situated in downtown Camden Maine to host all of your wedding guests. Call Jackie at the front desk to have a custom wedding hotel block designed for you.
You can reserve a hotel block online with our online wedding form found here.
Keep reading to learn how to plan a perfect wedding in Camden Maine.
Where to Begin. The License.
Details about obtaining a wedding license in Maine.
To be married in Maine, you need to visit a town office and present the following.
- A photo ID may be required.
- If not your first marriage, bring a certified copy of the divorce certificate.
- Parental consent is required for applicants under the age of 18.
- No blood test required.
- Call the town municipal office directly to find out if the town has its own municipal policy.
Now that the legal stuff is covered, let’s get to the fun stuff.
Location, Location, Location.
Camden Maine is where the mountains meet the sea. Brides choose Camden Maine for it’s natural beauty, charming small town feel and great location. Nestled on the coast of Maine with a world-renowned harbor, brides know their guests will be endlessly entertained and the backdrop for their pictures will be stunning. There are endless activities to keep you wedding guests busy all wedding weekend long. The small seaside village is walkable and lodging options are abundant. Restaurants, boutique shops and an opera house complete the experience. Click here to see our list of instagramable places in Camden Maine that you can choose from for your wedding pictures.
Camden Yacht Club
Married at Sea
Venues to have a Wedding Ceremony in Camden
- The Camden Amphitheater
- A Schooner
- High Mountain Hall
- 5 different churches, First Congregational, Our Lady of Good Hope, Chestnut Street Baptist Church, St. Thomas Episcopal Church, John Street United Methodist.
- Opera House
- Camden Hills State Park – Mt. Battie
Venues to have a wedding reception near Camden
- Vesper’s Children’s Chapel
- Camden Yacht Club
- Opera House
- Camden Snow Bowl
- High Mountain Hall
- 16 Bayview Conference Room Ground Floor
- Whitehall Inn
- MerrySpring Nature Center
Venues to host a wedding reception near Camden
- Union Hall – Rockport
- Cellardoor Winery
- Rockport Opera House
- On a nearby island with a lobster bake. Many schooners and windjammers provide this service.
Our favorite Caterers for Events:
- Café Miranda
- Megunticook Market
- Swan’s Way
- French and Brawn
- Laura Cabot
- Trillium Caterers
Our Favorite Wedding Photographers
- Amy Wilton
- Lexi & Matt Photography
High Tech Maine
Lily Lupine and Vern
Endless Summer Flower Farm
Notary Publics for Wedding Ceremonies
Finding the perfect person to say your vows is important. Each officiant is different and brings something different to your event. We highly recommend you meet with the officiant before the wedding. Most local officiants can tell you things to be aware of at different venues.
Here are the types of people that can officiate a wedding Maine.
- Ordained ministers of the gospel.
- Persons licensed to preach by an association of ministers, religious seminary, or ecclesiastical body.
- Judges of justices (residents of Maine only)
- Lawyers admitted to the Maine Bar (residents of Maine only)
- Maine Notaries
Some Local Notaries
Mary Bumiller, 207-949-9155
Chris Cokinis, 207-596-9689
Donna Culbertson, 207-594-4531
Greg Dugal, 207-763-3068
We look forward to seeing you and your friends in Camden Maine for your special event. Remember the Camden Riverhouse Properties has many different options for your wedding weekend in Camden Maine. You can reserve a wedding block of rooms right online or call Jackie Gamage at our front desk. Congratulations and Best Wishes from the staff and management of the Camden Riverhouse Hotel & Inn.