5 great Take out places in Camden Maine and what to order
Sit By the Seaside or Go To The Top Of A Mountain With Your To-Go Meal.
Great Take out options!
Plan Ahead and Skip The Wait Time For A Table.
Take Out In Camden Maine
Although the restaurants in downtown Camden Maine are re-opening for the season, there are some restrictions on capacity. Capacity issues might create long wait times for a table. We do recommend if you are coming to the area anytime soon, consider making a reservation. If you don’t want to be committed to a place, we recommend that you consider take-out, which is ideal for guests that are staying at the Hotel or the 8 Tannery Lane luxury suites. The Extended Stay Inn Rooms at The Camden Riverhouse Inn and the Orday Cottage have a full kitchen where you can enjoy a take out meal or prepare your own. Although almost all of the restaurants have take-out, the ones chosen here are better set up to fulfill take out orders quicker. Larger sit down restaurants have had congestion with getting multiple types of orders out. We don’t want to discourage anyone from ordering from the larger restaurants, but, if you are ordering from the larger restaurants – order early.
Here is our list of local favorite Take Out Options in Camden Maine
1. BOWA – One of the newest food options in the Camden downtown. BOWA – or ‘Best of What’s Around’ – is an addition to Long Grain. If you love Long Grain – you will love these specially crafted bowls that have lots of vegetarian and vegan options. The desserts are also delicious. This is also the only place to get Boba Tea in town. I enjoyed the Thai Curry : Local Chicken or Local Tofu in Yellow Curry Red Rice, Kale, Potato, Carrot, Sweet Potato, White Onion, Ajad (Cumber Salad: Cucumber, Red Onion, Red Chili, Cilantro). You can order right online.
2. Long Grain – A long time local favorite, Long Grain moved from in-house seating to exclusive take out in 2020. It is not determined yet if they will re-open for sit down. But, for now, locals enjoy being able to drive up and get their favorite Asian dishes. They also have an Asian shop that you can add some of their specialty items to cook with when you return home. I enjoyed the Pad Thai (chicken, pork, pork belly or local tofu). Ordering is done by phone.
3. Camden Deli – Another long time local favorite right on Main Street is the Camden Deli. The Camden Deli has fantastic views of Curtis Island and the harbor. We hope they re-open for inside dining, but even if they don’t they have mastered the take out system. You can order online and pick up at the store. They have fun Camden Classic sandwiches named after all the schooners in the harbor in addition to their signature sandwiches which include options such as a Camden Club or a Lobster Roll. There is something for everyone to choose from, wraps and old time favorites, paninis, build your own and salads.
4. Megunticook Market – Megunticook Market is located on Gould Street in the residential Camden area of Millville. The market here offers many high-end specialty items. This is the ideal place to spoil yourself with fantastic food finds. It’s fun to just walk around and see what they offer. They have a great catering department if you are hosting a party while in the area. For take out their website has a pdf menu that you can order pizzas, calzones, quesadillas, wraps and sandwiches. If you have access to a microwave, the market has great pre made dinner options in their refrigerator section. I like their Hamburger Pizza!
5. French & Brawn – Located in the center of downtown, French and Brawn is not only a favorite for boat provisions, but for anyone that wants a simple to go dinner. The website has a daily special for a soup and a entrée. You can call in an order or just stop in and pick it up. The deli counter out back will prepare a selection of sandwiches. Since this is a high trafficked market, they are stocked well and provide great options. They will even steam your lobsters for you – where you can walk across to the harbor and eat on a picnic table. I enjoy going into French and Brawn and selecting a dinner option, a great cheese and selecting a fine wine from their wine options.
Great Place to Stay in Camden Maine
The Camden Riverhouse Hotel and it’s many lodging options is ideal anytime of year. The Camden Riverhouse has a hotel, suites, a cottage, a rental apartment and extended stay inn rooms. So, depending on how much room and how long you would like to stay, the Camden Riverhouse has you covered. They also have handicap and dog friendly Maine Hotel options. The Camden Riverhouse was designed to accommodate many travelers needs. The suites at nearby Tannery Lane are perfect for couples wanting a little extra privacy and the rental apartment is ideal with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms for families. For traveling business people, the extended stay inn rooms, that have full kitchenettes are perfect. Did we mention that all of the properties have blazing fast fiber optic internet? The Riverhouse Hotel has also been recognized as an environmental leader in the State of Maine. Stand back and look at the roof, you will be amazed how many solar panels there are. Your hot water in the hotel is heated by the panels.
More from our Camden Maine BLOG…
Read about our favorite hiking trails in Camden Maine
Stay where the locals love winter. Skiing, snow shoeing, ice climbing, Toboggan Nationals, or just sitting by a warm fire! Camden Maine has it all.
Enjoy Camden Maine in the fall season. Here is our list of fall fun ideas!