The Camden Riverhouse Hotel is the best family friendly hotel in-town Camden. Guests love our free in-town parking, our heated indoor pool, and our game stocked lobby but our most requested amenity is our fire-pit and s’more bar. It will be a few more weeks until our fire pit and s’more bar are up and running. Until then, we will be sharing s’more recipes that you can make at home. We hope you think of us while trying one of our recipes. Check our page on Pinterest and maybe the owner will share his lobster stew recipe! If you see him ask him! Check back often! Camden Riverhouse Hotel is the best family friendly hotel in downtown Camden.
S’MORES HOT CHOCOLATE
Creamy ‘Smores Hot Chocolate with graham cracker rim and toasted marshmallows on top!
Prep time:5 mins
Cook time:5 mins
Total time10 mins
Author: Minimalist Baker
- 2 cups milk, any kind
- 1 cup water (or use 3 c milk)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp non-bitter stevia (or add 1-2 Tbsp more sugar to taste)
- pinch salt
- graham crackers, crushed (for lining rim)
- ½ cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to low broil and move oven rack to the second from the top (high enough up to broil your marshmallows). Place baking sheet on rack.
- Heat milk and water in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through – about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overheat or scald.
- Add cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, sugar, stevia and salt and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Meanwhile, take a few marshmallows and rub them around the top of your mugs so the graham crackers will stick. Then, dip mug in graham cracker crumbs until well lined. You could also add some graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of your mug for extra graham flavor.
- Pour in hot chocolate and top with 1/4 cup marshmallows each. Carefully set mugs on the baking sheet in the oven and broil marshmallows until browned, watching carefully as to not let them burn.
- Carefully remove from the oven with a towel and serve with holders or a small towel to protect hand from heat (they should cool quickly for handling).
- Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and extra graham cracker crumbs for serving (optional).
* Adjust flavors before serving, adding more chocolate or sugar if you prefer.
* Also, you could add a shot of Kahlua or Bailey’s to make it a boozy hot chocolate.